Castillo de Santa Catalina (La Palma)
The Castillo de Santa Catalina is a castle in Santa Cruz de La Palma on the island of La Palma in the Canary Islands. The original castle was constructed in 1554–1560 after the city was attacked by French pirates in 1553. The current castle was constructed between 1685 and 1692 and was recorded as a historical monument in 1951. It has been privately owned since 1949 and is open to the public.