Elbert H. Parsons Law Library
The Elbert H. Parsons Law Library is a historic commercial building in Huntsville, Alabama. It was built in 1913 by the May and Cooney Dry Goods company to replace their building which was destroyed by a fire in 1911. The store occupied the building until 1931, when they went bankrupt due to the Great Depression. J. C. Penney moved into the building in 1934 and remained until 1966, when it moved to "The Mall" on University Drive. In 1973, it was purchased by the county and renovated to house a public law library.