Oakland Cemetery (Camden, Arkansas)
Oakland Cemetery is a historic cemetery in Camden, Arkansas, located on Maul Road between Pearl Street and Madison Avenue. Established in 1830, it is the city's oldest cemetery. It consists of just over 7 acres of land donated in that year by William L. Bradley, one of Camden's founders. It is the burial site of many of Camden's leading citizens. An area of just under one acre which is separated from the rest of the cemetery by a chain fence is reserved for Camden's Confederate States Army fallen, and features a granite obelisk topped by a cannonball. There are 231 graves in this section, including both known and unknown individuals.