Torrechiara Castle is a 15th-century castle near Langhirano, in the province of Parma, northern Italy. It sits atop a terraced hill south of the city of Parma, in a strategic position overlooking the Parma in the valley below.Castello di Torrechiara [it] The castle was built between 1448 and 1460 by Pier Maria II de' Rossi, the fourth count of San Secondo. The fortress shows the influence of the Sforza-Visconti castles ). In 1894, it was described as "the two walls, the curtains planted on an exact square, and the four towers draw together like a cyclopean pyramid very pleasing to the eye and, in fact, very elegant" by archaeologist and art historian Corrado Ricci [it]. The castle has been managed by the Polo Museale dell'Emilia Romagna since 2015.